Improving Schools in Mississippi Research Alliance
The goal of the Improving Schools in Mississippi Research Alliance is to form a professional learning community to address school improvement, especially in rural districts. The alliance membership includes superintendents, district program directors, and school leaders from five rural school districts; faculty members from four universities; and program managers at the Mississippi Department of Education.
Improving Schools in Mississippi Research Alliance members participating at an alliance meeting in May 2014.
- What evidence do these schools have to support their continued improvement?
- How are principals in alternative schools being evaluated?
- Which MS schools perform higher than expected on MCT2 given the schools' demographics?
- Which MS schools have higher than expected percentage of students meeting graduation requirements?
- How do demographically similar MS schools compare to one another on student achievement?
Geographical Areas Served
Mississippi, schools in the Delta region
- Mississippi Department of Education
- University of Mississippi
- Alcorn State University
- Delta State University
- Mississippi Valley State University
- Carroll County Public Schools
- Durant Public Schools
- Holmes County Public Schools
- Humphreys County Public Schools
- Yazoo City Public Schools